Sunday, March 9, 2008

C-SHALS was well received!

I'm just recovering from a very intense, but really exciting C-SHALS conference we had last week. Over the last 2 months I had been pretty much pre-occupied with organizing it, and had my share of putting out fires. However, I couldn't have hoped for a better set of speakers and higher level of participation among the attendees.

Many different topics were covered, yet they never became too immersed in technical or philosophical disputes since someone would always bring them back to having to address a real world application. In one case, how to formally define ontologies was tempered with their need to have utility in immediate tasks, such as medical record encoding or tissue modeling.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be adding my thoughts and reflections of C-SHALS here.

-Eric

p.s. see Richard Dale's blog... 

No comments: